The Meura mash filter operates using thin bed filtration which requires much finer grist than a roll mill can provide. Therefore, AEGIR supplies a milling center with the following features:
- A grain bin sized to hold a full batch of grain that can be feed by bag, bulk bag or silo and can be fitted with load cells for automated batch control.
- Rotary vane feeder and industrial duty hammermill to ensure precise sizing control and high production rates
- Grist case that acts as a buffer between hammermill and hydrator to provide uniform flow rates
- A bag house that provides durability, safety and cleanliness
- Explosion-blowout panel that reduces the chance of catastrophic consequences in the unlikely event of a dust explosion
- Spiral augers between grain bin and hammermill and between grist bin and grist hydrator/mash tun.